For the third year running, BADU is bringing back the “That Moment When” initiative. We are raising £30,000 to provide 300 festive holiday hampers to families in need from our local community over this seasonal period.
Christmas is about bringing people together, but not everyone can afford all the things we love most about the festive season. 2020 has been a year like no other, with many people all facing struggles, uncertainty, bereavement, isolation and so much more. We aim to support families in East London and surrounding boroughs who are experiencing challenging circumstances like financial pressure, food poverty or social inequality. This year more than ever families and the community need support, especially as the christmas period is all about bringing people together.
How you can support us
“Countdown to packing hampers ”
What your Support Will Provide:
Each hamper will contain:
- a present for every child in the family
- a present for every adult in the family
- a family board game
- supermarket vouchers – for food, gas and electric
- selected food items tailored to the cultures and backgrounds of the families
- festive recipes and ingredients so families can bake and cook together
- fun family activities
- festive crackers